Welcome to my guest post series on YouTube. For the next couple of weeks, I will discuss the best tips for optimizing your YouTube videos, your channel page and increasing your video views using cross linking. I will also discuss using YouTube’s Insight feature to gain links and traffic for your blog.
Why Use YouTube?
It’s simple really. We should diversify our marketing efforts and capitalize on every social media platform we can. You Tube has some obscene number of subscribers and Internet Marketers are all over the place at YT. For myself, I have a completely separate project completely unrelated to Internet Marketing or blogging on YouTube. I have 2 channels and both are partner sites, so I have found some really useful tips to help newcomers to YT.
The quickest way to get started is with your blog. Read this article on how to turn articles into video in about 5 minutes. This will help you get going quickly. So, let’s assume you took my fantastic advice and created your first video. Good…..I like when you listen!
Tips To Optimize YouTube Video
These tips are pretty straight forward and do not require any special knowledge on your part about videos or processing or anything like that. Treat your videos as you do your blog. Here is what I mean:
1. Upload Frequently
- Uploading frequently is the best way to build views, subscribers and aid discovery
- It’s better to upload one video per day than seven videos every Monday
- Make videos that appeal to your niche audience
2. Video Quality
- Always Always upload the highest quality video available to you.
3. Titles, Tags and Descriptions
- Think of your title as a headline
- If you want to include your brand name in the title, it should always go last
- Be as detailed as possible
- Include: Brand, City, topics
- Be as detailed as possible (short of offering the entire transcript)
- Include URLs (with http://) to the Channel, Playlist, or another site
- Character Limits
- Title: 120 characters
- Tags/Keywords: 120 characters
- Description: 5000 characters
4. Geo Tagging and Date Tagging
- Help your content get discovered in local or date-specific queries.
The Bottom Line
Everything we do as marketers should reflect our hard work and dedication to our craft. When creating unique content for YouTube videos, the same rules apply. Research your keywords and tags and use a catchy, keyword rich headline.
I hope this will help you in your efforts to optimize your YouTube videos and get you started on your video marketing endeavor.
Next week, increasing your video views by deep linking your videos. Now, what will your first video be about?
Feel free to share, RT and comment!