If you are very familiar with how things work in the blogging and make money online niche then you will know that being recognized as an expert has its own benefits.
It doesn’t matter which niche it is, being an expert adds to you, it does not remove from you.
Benefits of Being an Expert in Your Niche
Before talking about how you can be an expert in your niche I will like to share some of the benefits of being an expert in your niche below.
- It Brings New Opportunities: One of the benefits of being an expert in your niche is the numerous opportunities you will be getting as a result. If you are being perceived as an expert in your niche you will begin to see people link to you here and there, people will be asking to interview you, people will also be featuring you in their magazines and products, people will be giving you new products to test and a lot of companies will be fighting to sponsor your events. There are countless opportunities to being an expert in your niche.
- It Helps You Gain New Prospects: Being an expert in your niche can be the difference between the number of people that signs up to your mailing list or even care about your services. If you could position yourself as an expert in your niche you will be able to significantly increase the number of prospects you get everyday.
- It Helps You Make Sales: Another great benefit of being an expert in your niche is that it helps you make more sales. People don’t just want to buy a product but they want to make sure they are buying the right product from the right person and if you are seen as an expert in your niche you will be able to eliminate this fear from them and they will easily trust you and buy from you.Another great reason why being an expert in your niche helps you make more sales is that people will easily promote your products when you launch it and this will bring about a viral effect thereby leading to more overall sales.
- It Helps You Make More Affiliate Commissions: This might sound as a repetition of the above point but believe me, it isn’t!
You can make more sales if your perceived level by people increases. If someone like Darren Rowse recommends something, people will buy it than if I did. If the president of your country recommends you and your neighbor also recommends you, whose recommendation do you think counts most? Your president’s recommendation of course! The same thing applies online. If you could increase your perceived value then people will begin to take your recommendations more seriously.
How to Position Yourself as an Expert In Your Niche
Since we now know some great importance of being an expert in your niche, i will be giving some tips on how to position yourself as an expert in your niche below.
- 1. Be Known for Quality Only
One great tip to position yourself as an expert in your niche is by being known for quality only. Don’t just put out any crap just to fill the space.
If you have a blog, then write quality content only and don’t write crap in the name of filling the space.
Since many niche experts have their mailing list (which I assume you will have) it is very important not to just send anything to your list but make sure you give the best to your list because this will make them increase their trust for you thereby making them mini-evangelists of your work.
2. Launch Your Product
If you will take a look at the second point, you will notice I didn’t say launch your paid product but I said launch your product. Be it free or paid, launch your own product and make sure your name appears in it because this will also increase your readers respect for you and will also help them have an increased perceived value of you.
3. Call Yourself an Expert
This might sound funny, but believe me, it is very effective. I discover this is one of the most effective ways of being seen as an expert in your niche. Don’t just be afraid because you have no results, the results will come.
If you want to be called a problogger then write it boldly on your blog, in your author bio and even in your about page, this will make other people call you an expert. It is what you call yourself that others will call you.
4. Work With Experts
One thing you will notice in every field in live is that birds of the same feathers flock together.
If you want to be seen as an expert in your niche why not begin to work with the experts in your niche, try to be where they are and you will get more results.
5. Be Everywhere
Another great way to be an expert in your niche is by being everywhere. One of the best ways to be an expert is by being everywhere, if people go here and they see you, if they go there and they see you then they will begin to see you as someone who knows what he is saying and someone who has a lot of knowledge about the subject thereby increasing their perceived value of you.
6. Build Your List
This is what most successful people will tell you. The saying is old yet very effective, that the money is in the list.
Try as much as you can to build your list because this will also give you another platform to speak with your audience, it will also allow you to easily promote your products and build your authority.
Over To You!
Do you consider yourself an expert yet? What do you think it takes to be an expert? Feel free to share your thoughts by commenting below!
Please share this post on your favorite social networking sites!