Recently I had a Skype conversation with an associate of mine Lisa Penekamp about guest posting and what could be done to get the biggest bang out of the backlinks that point to her site from that guest posting.
Lisa is a big fan of guest posting and is convinced, and rightly so, that links from a quality site recognized by Google will provide her with significant Google juice and help her site rank higher in the SERP. Lisa knows that Justin the Post published is a bit of a task but now that she accomplish that she wanted to find a way to give that article maximum exposure.
So we put our heads together in a bit of a brainstorm and came up with this list or cheat sheet if you will:
- Tweet the event. Naturally twitter was one of the first methods of promoting the page that came to our minds. Depending on how many followers and the quality of those followers you have, you can shoot out a tweet announcing the fact that a prestigious website has published one of your articles. Between the original tweet and any re-tweets you’ll be driving traffic to the page as well as letting Google no that the pages popular.
- Lisa has a blog and I’m guessing almost all of you do as well. Promoting the guest post is a natural for your blog post, just make sure you have a link to the page so your visitors can find.
- Don’t forget the leverage your e-mail list. In your next newsletter or e-mail message out to your list, including blurb about the new guest posting and obviously include a link.
- Speaking of links, include a link to your guest post page in new content that you create after it has been posted.
- Another resource for you probably already have a large following is your Facebook page. Be sure let your friends know what you been up to and include a link to your guest posted.
- Lastly make sure you use all of your social media accounts to share and recommend the page of the guest posted. StumbleUpon, Digg it and the new Google plus product are great ways get the word out.
Boosting the other fellow’s website
The whole idea of guest blogging or guest posting is to get high-value backlinks pointing to your website. Google sees is backlinks as those of confidence coming from a site that Google respects and as a result will rank your site I had of others with lesser quality backlinks.
Now it may seem odd that we’re suggesting that you go through all of these steps to promote somebody else’s website page but you’re actually doing yourself a favor. If you can target social media links at the page that has your guest posting you’re helping it become be an even bigger authority. The more that Google thinks about that page the more Google will value the backlinks pointing to your site.
And there’s one other special benefit. The publishers goal of you. The more you promote his or her site the greater access you’re going to have for future guests posted. This whole guest posting strategy is really a symbiotic relationship that benefits both parties.
Lisa’s business provides auto insurance quotes online but obviously it doesn’t matter what you promote or sell, the strategy will work for you.
Can you think of any other ways to boost guest postings? We’d like to hear from you and I hope you’ll share your ideas with us in the comment box below.