To have substantial amount of inbound links is essential for a website to rank higher in search engines. In fact the main purpose of a Link Building campaign is to increase the quality and quantity of Links for a website in order to achieve high ranking on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). To do so, optimizers or link builders employ a wide range of techniques, of which Link Wheel has gained considerable attention. In this Article, we are going to discuss how this natural link building technique can yield the desired results.
What is a Link Wheel?
Before we proceed further, it is important to understand the concept of Link Wheel. It is a network of interconnected 2.0 websites with high Page Rank that not only link to a main site but also among themselves thus forming a wheel like structure. The main site is called “Hub Site” while the other sites are referred to as “Spokes” of the wheel. Here is an illustration:
How does it work?
- Unique articles are written on relevant topics with targeted keywords
- Once this task is completed, the articles are posted on different sites (usually 5-6 or more) thereby creating two links. While one link comes back to your site, the other goes to the next spoke.
- This leads to the creation of Link Wheel. As each spoke links out of this wheel and forms new links, the wheel gets expanded.
- The larger the link wheel means more number of links to your site which helps in reaching top ranking in search engines.
Popular sites for posting articles include:
Advantages of Creating Link Wheel
- The foremost advantage of a Link Wheel is that it results in the generation of quality inbound links which is a necessity to survive in the competitive SEO environment
- An increase in the quantity as well as the quality of Links is always noticed by search engines and thus increases the chances of getting higher ranking
- As Link Wheel process consists of writing optimized content, it helps in quick indexing of a website
- It is a natural way of creating links and thus has gained popularity
Points to remember while creating Link Wheel
- Always write relevant content and write as many articles for posting on different sites
- Post articles on those sites that have similar theme as yours
- Select websites that have high Page Rank and quality content
- Maintain a proper record of your link exchanges and the necessary information like contact details of the webmasters. This record can be referred to any point of time.
Things to avoid
- Avoid linking to those sites that do not display the link pages in a clear manner
- Do not use the same content everywhere. If you cannot write new content every time, then modify the content to make it suitable
- Link Fields must be avoided at all cost as they can do more damage than good
It can be now concluded that Link Wheel can add value to a Link Building Campaign and help achieve SEO results faster with a little effort on part of the website owners. It is a highly effective technique that can deliver the desired outcomes.